Thursday, February 11, 2016

Marlee Matlin signing at the Super Bowl

If you watched the Super Bowl this past Sunday, expecting to see Marlee Matlin signing the national anthem as Lady Gaga sing it, then you were among the many who were disappointed--including the Oscar winner herself. Matlin tells ET she was "genuinely surprised" to find out she was cut from the TV broadcast, but says, "ultimately, that decision was not mine to make." Here's what she had to say about Lady Gaga:
When she finished the national anthem, I turned to her and signed, "I love you," and she signed it right back. Later in her dressing room, she and I had a chance to speak, and I told her my kids were big fans of hers. She couldn't have been nicer. I told her anytime she wanted to learn to sign to give a call, and she said, "Yes!"
Read more from ET here.